What is NAIPI’s mission?
To provide leadership and communication for the development, promotion and improvement of biomedical research through the INBRE, COBRE, and CTR IDeA programs.
What are NAIPI’s objectives?
- Foster interactions
- Promote resource sharing
- Enhance visibility
- Develop a consensus on priorities
- Identify and disseminate best practices
- Identify opportunities
- Develop strategies
Who is a member of NAIPI?
- COBRE, INBRE, and CTR PIs
- INBRE and CTR Program Coordinators
- COBRE Project Leaders
- INBRE Project Investigators
- Self-identified Principal Investigators whose grant received IDeA co-funding
- NIGMS Staff (advisory, ex-officio)
- Former IDeA Principal Investigators with emeritus status in NAIPI (ex-officio)
What is IDeA?
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) Institutional Development Award (IDeA) was established in 1993 to broaden the geographic distribution of NIH funding for biomedical and behavioral research. The program fosters health-related research and enhances the competitiveness of investigators at institutions located in states in which the aggregate success rate for applications to NIH has historically been low. The program also serves unique populations—such as rural and medically underserved communities—in these states.
Are dues required to be a member of NAIPI?
Dues are requested annually from every INBRE, COBRE and CTR award in the amount of $400. PIs that self-identify as having an award in its last (non-renewable) year or in no-cost-extension are requested to pay NAIPI dues of $200.
Has my IDeA program paid its dues this year?
The NAIPI administration tracks the annual payments. Principal Investigators may contact the NAIPI president for payment history.
Why is my IDeA program required to report success to NAIPI?
A state-of-the art reporting database was developed by NAIPI for collection of IDeA research and biomedical successes. The database has multi-user capabilities and can be utilized by both NAIPI and the individual IDeA programs for tracking and archiving data.
I have suggestions on how NAIPI can improve, who do I contact?
NAIPI wants your voice to be heard. There are two options to provide feedback to NAIPI:
- Directly contact Dr. Carolyn Hovde Bohach, Ph.D., NAIPI President. Her contact information can be found here.
- Visit the following Survey Monkey link to privately provide your comments or questions. You have the option to remain anonymous if you choose to do so.
How do I submit an item for NAIPI News?
Please e-mail Whitney Floch at email@example.com.